- This event has passed.
Takoma Junction Community Consultation
March 12, 2017 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Community Consultation Details
Neighborhood Development Company (NDC) in partnership with the City of Takoma will be hosting
four community meetings in February and March to seek input and share information about the proposed
project, located at the intersection of Ethan Allen and Carroll Avenue.
When Will the Meetings Occur?
Public meetings will be held to solicit community input on specific design elements for the Takoma
Junction redevelopment project. The two meetings will be identical in content and opportunity for
feedback. Choose the option that works best for your schedule.
The first set of meetings will look at the topics of form and character with market and retail ideas:
• Thursday, Feb 23, 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the Fire station meeting room, 7201 Carroll Avenue
• Sunday, Feb 26, 3:30-5:30 p.m. at the Azalea Room, Takoma Park Community Center, 7500
The second set of meetings will look at public realm and access and mobility:
• Thursday, Mar 9, 7:00-9:00 p.m. at the Azalea Room, Takoma Park Community Center, 7500
• Sunday, Mar 12, 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Fire Station meeting room, 7201 Carroll Avenue
What is the Purpose of the Meetings?
Meeting Attendees will be able to:
• Learn more about the project, including details about the site, program elements, potential access
points, and retail concept.
• Provide feedback on NDC’s concept and give input on selected aspects of the project including
material, character, scale, and public realm integration.
If you plan to attend please call (301) 891-7119. RSVPs would be appreciated but are not required.